Remote / Full-Time
This job is sourced from a job board.
£100k – £110k + Share options
Are you a Finance Director or ambitious Finance manager with experience managing app-based, subscription finance?
Do you want to work for a fast growing startup already achieving over 1 million downloads a month?
Do you want to help build a team and the foundations for global expansion?
If your answer is yes, read on!
As our first hire into our finance team you will be responsible for identifying where support is needed and ultimately building that team. There is potential for our future Finance Director to progress to a CFO role.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the company meets its financial and legal obligations through the development of new and already existing systems, policies and procedures to ensure the most effective and efficient financial management within Glorify.
In addition, a significant part of this role will require on-going cohort analysis, including pricing and subscription analysis to inform our decision-making process in the monetisation of our product at a strategic level.
As a fast-growing startup we expect to continue fundraising campaigns for future growth. As Finance Director, you will play a significant part in securing that investment, primarily by ensuring that we are in position to achieve our financial targets, but also through the provision of accurate financial information for investors.
The majority of our revenue comes through Google Play and the App Store. However, as our user base grows within new territories we will set up local teams across multi-geographical sites, where payments and expenses will need to be managed in local currencies.
First and foremost, your finance management experience should come from B2C mobile apps, where significant revenue comes from Google Play and the App store. It’s important that you understand the intricacies of the mobile app ecosystem and a subscription based revenue model.
You should have experience in setting up financial processes from scratch and overseeing them within a startup or scale up environment. Your experience should span the full spectrum of finance departmental responsibilities.
You should have expertise in budget preparation, profit and loss, balance sheets, forecasts and cash flow analysis. To that extent you are expected to have excellent skills in using Excel and Xero (or similar) acquired through daily use.
Key to this position will be the on-going management of the budgets and plans that you produce. We will need to understand how you have ensured that previous plans you created were adhered to and the challenges you faced.
You should be up to date with the latest financial and statutory regulations and should have been responsible for ensuring compliance in your previous role.
Finally, experience in analysing financial data to influence pricing strategies and/or subscription pricing is essential. We will need to know how you have analysed financial data and what insight it provided.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Glorify is set for significant growth over the next few years. You’ll have an opportunity to play a huge part in our journey to success.
- If you haven’t already, you will likely have the chance to work on future fundraising campaigns.
- You’ll own the department and be our subject matter expert for financial operations on a global scale.
- We offer flexible, remote working so long as you are UK based and available to visit London at least once a month. Most staff spend 2 or 3 days per week in the office.
- Lovely office space at The Handbag Factory in Vauxhall with everything laid on, including a gym in the building
- Equipment – MacBook Pro or a Windows machine if you prefer
- Holiday – 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Staff socials – Tuesday lunches, Monthly drinks, Summer and Christmas parties
- Share Options – We want everyone to feel a part of the journey
- Pension scheme