Product Owner/Business Analyst
Remote / Full-Time
At Glorify Ltd, we are passionate about building a thoroughly thought out product that satisfies all our customers’ design needs. We are a team of passionate, hard working individuals out to achieve great things and commit to the vision of our company. We’re looking for a dedicated Product Owner with business analyst and UX skills willing to work full time.
We have a very ambitious roadmap (https://start.glorifyapp.com/roadmap) that must be executed, and facilitating this will be your primary task.
You will work mainly with the product team with overlap into marketing to spearhead product lead growth.
The ideal candidate should always be on the lookout for ways to improve a product or service and make it better, faster and more user-friendly. You are responsible for producing technology solutions from concept to delivery that satisfy customer needs in alignment with our overall strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Serve as a product expert, product evangelist and the voice of the customer
- Overseeing the roadmap progress between both the UI/UX department and the development department.
- Constantly think about the business model and, as we build features, take part in important discussions with the UX team to come up with innovative ways to ship features and monetize. A good example is figuring out how to onboard our 3rd party partners that would like to create plugins for us – what are the business model options that exist? For example: Do we give 3rd parties to list their Plugin as part of our Pro Tier and give them commission on usage? Do we allow 3rd parties to simply let our users sign through their platform to activate the plugin on Glorify and pay them directly? What does the application process look like?
- Always use the product heavily to read between the lines where developers tend to miss out. Directing the development team to fix major flow issues and bugs that are easily missed.
- Understanding the needs of the customer at a granular level; defining, documenting and communicating the requirements into a backlog of work.
- Translate functional requirements into technical requirements and work with the UI and development team to groom user stories
- Ensure clear documentation and communication of product capabilities, updates and milestone achievements.
- Analyze, hack and evaluate complementary and competitive products, technologies and solutions.
- Assess risks and determine ways to avoid impediments to feature delivery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a product owner/business analyst
- Strong UX knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a hands-on and fast-paced environment
- Experience working closely with a development team
- Strong organisational skills and unrivaled attention to detail
- Able to accurately coordinate with teams both internally and externally
- Unquestionable commitment and patience to deal with numerous back and forths
- Great knowledge of using technology – especially in the design space
- Experience conducting customer user research
- Experience using data and analytics tools to prioritise your roadmap
- Team player approach – someone who embraces collaboration within your team and between different teams