E-commerce image editing
E-commerce Image Editing will elevate your brand and blow the competition out of the design waters.
In this blog post, we are delving deep into the world of image editing, design tools, and features that can make your products shine and your brand become a household name with that professional touch.
Powerful e-commerce image editing companies like Glorify have shown us the impact a well-taken, well-designed, and professionally tweaked product image can make in the e-commerce cut-throat industry.
Don’t get caught left behind, take the time to implement some of these tips in this article or instill the expertise of the curated brands below and always strive to make a digital impact. Who needs words when a great photo can say so much?
What is e-commerce image editing?
E-commerce editing in the online retail world is a game-changer.
It is no secret that if you want to become a household brand name or stand out from the pack you need to do something a little different. Not so much that you scare potential customer’s off who may not understand your vision, but just that added effort that showcases your brand and message. E-commerce editing is one of the most important components of an online store. It involves editing and tweaking your images to the point where they essentially jump off the page and catch customer’s attention from the get-go.
The main objective or concept of image editing is to ‘alter’ your product images, in this case, digital imagery, but it can also lean on traditional photo-chemical photographs or illustrations, and highlight their best features.
There are a whole host of perks that come with taking the time to make your product images look their very best, not the least being increased revenue and sales. You also have the opportunity to explore and play around with various image editing tools now readily available online through apps and editing service providers.
If you like the sound of this but are not sure how to get started, reach out to us at Glorify, we have a seasoned team of design experts ready to help bring your design and creative process to the forefront and your vision to fruition.
How do I edit photos for my online store?
Editing photos for your online store may seem a little daunting, but with a bit of patience and by following these simple steps you will be creating beautiful, professional-looking product imagery in no time.
Too often people focus only on the product and forget about the background and backdrop, customers see these elements too, and they can negatively impact your vision. Remove all background objects, you want your product to be the main focus and essentially the star of the show.
You may not think it but adding a shadow is the perfect means to adding depth to an image. It can showcase different angles, enhance bespoke features about the item, and add visual interest to the image as a whole.
- Color correction
Yes, editing and tweaking your colors on the screen is a must as some colors may not show up as well on camera as they do in person, however, this is a tricky element to navigate. You want to do it in such a way that is as true to the real-life product coloring so customers know exactly what they’re getting, but also enough so that the product is still appealing.
You want to add elements of brightness, contrast to various areas, and bring balance to the aesthetic of the color palette.
Make sure your product is not swimming in blank space. Crop the image so you have some neutral area around the image to ‘breathe’ but also remember this is what customers are shopping for. It should take up the majority of the page and showcase it in its best light.
- Batch process
A lot of designers are not particular fans of this process but it does significantly help keep brand uniformity without taking up too much added time. This way the images are cohesive and stay on message so your products and overall online store maintain their professional aesthetic.
Life is busy, this is not a surprise, and even more so if you are a business owner or manager trying to juggle a hundred errands at any given time. Outsourcing is a great way to stay on track with schedules but doesn’t require your hands-on touch to be executed. A simple overseeing role will keep you in the loop but still get the job done the way you want it to.
One of the top firms for image editing is Glorify, with years of digital experience in their repertoire and countless graphic design creations with happy customers, they can help you get the job done right the first time around.
- Image variations
Try to show your product in various situations and lifestyles. If people only see a great product on a plain background it may not speak to them as much as if they saw it in use, in an everyday situation. This makes an emotional connection and tells them it is something they need to improve their life. Lifestyle images are often the deal breaker in the purchase decision.
Show the item from different angles, offer close-ups of bespoke and special features, and then include a lifestyle image for the icing on the cake.
Why is image editing important in e-commerce?
If you have ever shopped online then stop to think about what draws you in, what makes you click on an image to look further into its details and features? Is it the coloring, is it that you can see the image for what it is without needing to ask additional questions, or is it how it is displayed and showcased?
A lot of thought needs to go into your e-commerce store image, more than too many people don’t realize. A professionally-shot image will tell customers what they are getting, and why, when there is nothing to hide by gimmicky colors or text, your customers trust you and your brand.
Image editing is vitally important, and here’s why;
- Your store is your brand, it represents you. Touching them up with photo editing proficiency for e-commerce shopping will significantly improve the overall look of your product photo range.
- When your images look great they are more eye-catching, people want to know more about the item. It engages them which ultimately leads to increased sales and conversions.
- Be one step ahead of the game. The last thing you want for your brand is to be just like everybody else, you want to stand apart from the crowd and be one level above the competition doing the same thing, and great photos will do that for you.
- Once a customer has stopped to look at your product, and it looks great with a professional touch, it increases the likelihood that they will take that moment to click on your product page and start to consider your brand as an option they would purchase.
- Increased conversions lead to great reviews, and in-turn draws in potential customers. When others hear how happy and satisfied customers are they want in on the action, and therefore, will head to your site to see what they are missing out on.
A the end of the day your main object with an online e-commerce store is to make your images look the best that they can to boost sales, increase your online foot traffic, and continue to build on your loyal customer base and conversion ratings.
E-commerce image editing software
If you are new to the graphic design world and looking to build your e-commerce store without breaking the bank then you are in luck. We have curated the top free e-commerce editing software applications to get you started on the right foot and the ball rolling on your editing journey. Because we could all use a financial boost from time to time right? And if it means you get a great-looking product image range at the end of it, all the better.
Let’s dive in and see how these free software platforms will help transform your online e-commerce game;
- Glorify - A design platform that offers everything you could want to create your videos, images, animations, or infographics for your e-commerce store. Glorify offers access to multiple tool categories for editing, sharing creating and what’s even better is you don’t need to hassle with downloading or installing of heavy programs and software, all you need is an internet connection and you are good to go. Let your creative wings fly.
- GIMP - The best of the best when it comes to value for money, and in this case, no money. Featuring design tools and templates similar to Photoshop but without a price tag, it tells us that design does not need to break the bank and why GIMP is up there with the best.
- Pixlr - This is a great option considering it can be accessed and professionally used through your browser and smartphone without deteriorating quality. Simple, quick to use, and in just a few clicks you will have created a professional product image showcasing your item in its best light.
- Photoscape X - We love this app because once you have created your design you have the option of an image viewer perspective so you see what the customer will see. This way it is easier to make changes or add before uploading to your site. A little complicated to start with, but quick to learn after a few online tutorials.
- Colorcinch - Everything you could need under one roof. Easy-to-use, top features with AI-powered special effects to enhance your images and plenty of filters to play around with. There are built-in icons and vector graphics with frames and a text editor to tweak your creation just to your liking.
- Fotor - One of the more simplistic platforms with no overcomplicated navigational skills needed. What you see is what you get. A great start for beginners and designers who prefer a minimalist approach to work and design in general.
- Instasize Photo Editor and Video - Perfect for designers who prefer mobile workspaces. Used mainly to crop your images or resize them so they are the most appealing on social media sites. There is a big stock of filters, borders, beautification tools, and collage templates to work with.
- BeFunky - A top photo imaging editor that also features design elements templates for brochures or image collages for something different. It does not have as many tools or features as other apps but this could work to your advantage when too much choice seems overwhelming.
- Canva - A popular choice amongst editors and has a lot of use across social media platforms. An easy platform to navigate and a good choice for someone looking to create something quickly. Canva also offers a lot of templates so you can hit the ground running.
- Polarr - This is an excellent tool platform to work with but is focused more on those who already have some design experience behind them. Some of the features are more advanced and the user interface can be a little overwhelming for beginners.
- PiZap - Considered one of the best apps for social media imaging with plenty of ready-to-use templates to work with, and to give your photos that little bit of something to make them pop.
As a business owner not having to spend money if you don’t need to is music to the ears, and this way you don’t have to. Even more so if you are just starting in the e-commerce industry. Consider some of these top, free software to get your designs and creations on the map.
E-commerce image editing services
Who is the best in the business when it comes to design, editing, and e-commerce? While no one firm can truly say they are the ultimate in graphic designing, many come close.
Not wanting to browse the web for hours deciphering who is the best, why are they the top choice, or wondering if you are using the right company for the job, take a look at this bepoke-curated list of the top design companies, brands, and platforms to get you on your way. We have done the leg work now you can have fun.
Professional editing and design services company with years of design experience between team members. Built from the ground up, Glorify understands the need for professionally specialized e-commerce services without breaking the bank.
An increasingly popular platform where you can readily find and hire image editors for various price ranges. This is a quick option when you need something done in a short turnaround. You also have peace of mind they know what they doing by browsing profiles and reviews or ratings.
This is another great marketplace to find designers, editors, and all-service creatives to bring your vision to life.
If product photography is what you are after then this is the company for you. Specializing in image editing specific to product photography you can have peace of mind that you are in good hands.
5. Clipping Path India
There is something for everyone here, professional image editing services that feature color corrections and background removals so your products are the main attraction.
The online e-commerce world is only growing and digital, online, and AI use is the way the world is progressing, so making the most of your products and adding that professional touch to your current e-commerce store will keep you one step ahead of the game.
Images can speak volumes without the next for text boxes or cartoon-infused gimmicks. Take great-looking photos, adjust them to highlight their best sides, and let the products essentially sell themselves (with your added touch no doubt).