A Complete Guide On How To Sell On Google Shopping
May 12, 2021 | 0 min read
As and how time has passed, even considering the present scenario of the covid pandemic, selling online has created a significant change in our lives, irrespective of our social status. However, there are numerous factors that then play a crucial role when a customer buys a product from the online platform. These include the cost, quality, discounts, delivery time, etc.
The best part about shopping online is that one can individually visit different e-commerce stores and choose the best products, be it gadgets, dresses, jewelry, fashion accessories, etc. However, on the downside, there is a chance that you might just end up paying more for a particular product.
Enter Google merchant center!
The platform plays a vital role as it provides a customer with the product’s price that is advertised in shopping ads by the different companies. Let’s learn all there is to know about how to sell on google shopping!
What Is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping is an eCommerce platform that provides an equal opportunity to the online retailers by reaching out to the shoppers and also control over the targeted audience. This merchant center allows the retailers to create shopping ads, drive traffic from different e-commerce sites, and deepen the customer/retailer relationship.
With the depletion of the retail sector due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for online shopping has mounted. The buyers are tending towards online shopping to even purchase daily necessary items. This increase in the need has pushed the retailers to get onto the online platform and increase their sales and reconnect with their customers.
Now that you are aware of the term “Google Shopping,” the natural question that may cross your mind is, how can one sell their products on the google shopping merchant center? To help you with the answer, we have curated this article that will help you find answers to every question. Read on to know more!
How Can You Sell Your Products on Google Shopping?
In order to sell a product, the retailer would at first need to create and activate a merchant center account on two platforms; Google Merchant Center and Google Ads.
1) Sign Up Into A Google Merchant Center
To begin, you’ll need to set up a merchant account through the Google merchant center in order to start your campaign. Here, you’d need to:
- Enter the basic information like; contact information, location, etc
- You can also upload the information of the product that you wish to sell in Google shopping to promote your brand and store
- Lastly, agree with Google’s terms of service and verify/claim the website URL
2) Displaying The Product Pictures
As Google shopping pulls the product picture from your online store, it is essential to have the product images ready for display.
- Just like the other eCommerce stores, Google Shopping emphasizes more on visuals as it is the first thing that catches the buyer’s attention in an online platform
- Try and utilize peachy images. This makes a positive impression on the viewers and helps create a pleasant shopping experience
- Make sure to use only good-quality pictures as it’s only the images that create an impact on the buyers in the first go
- Buyers even nullify Google Shopping Campaigns if the product images are too shoddy
3) Make Sure To Link The Google Merchant Account To Google Ads
After you’ve uploaded the product pictures, you’d need to link your Google Shopping Merchant Center to Google Ads. Why?
Have you ever searched for a product using Google search in Google Shopping? The results that are displayed or shown again and again are a result of the company using paid ads by the Sponsored tag in order to receive good Google Shopping results.
Same way, if you also wish to boost your store online, there cannot be a better way to do so, but by using Google Ads, linked to the Merchant enter Account. This will help scale up the product listings and also help get them featured with a better Google rank on the search result page.
4) Google Shopping Campaigns
Selling on Google Shopping isn’t everyone’s cup of tea as it requires immense work and time. After you’ve linked your Merchant Center Account to Google Ads, the next thing is to create a Google Shopping campaign to further promote the products.
Simply follow these steps:
- Visit Google Merchant Center account
- Click on “Create Shopping Campaign” and enter the name of the campaign, country of sale, geographical locations, and your budget
- Once done, the Shopping campaign name will act as a merchant identifier and now you’d be able to manage the campaign through Google AdWords
5) Place Your Bids On The Shopping Campaign
Once you’ve created a Google shopping campaign, you’d need to place bids on the Campaign. Here, once you’ve completed the process as mentioned in point 4:
- The next screen that displays is the campaign settings
- To enter the campaign name here, you’d need to pick your bidding strategy and also set the budget for the campaign
- When you complete it, you’d be notified by Google considering, how much you are willing to pay for the cost per action
- The other thing is to select the campaign budget, that is the amount you’ll pump per day
6) Sell On Google Shopping Via An Ad Campaign!
As you complete the above-mentioned steps, the next thing is to start selling your products by creating an ad campaign. Simply:
- Create an ad group
- Put in the title
- Incorporate the products
Additionally, you can also create a product feed using different identifiers, such as the brand, price, product image, availability, and description of your product.
What Are The Best Practices That One Must Follow When Using Google Shopping?
1) Always Keep The Product Data Clear
Keeping product data clear is important as it includes a lot of information, such as the product image, price, marketing copy, etc. This is why it is important for you to keep the data lucid for the shoppers. If not, when it comes to pricing, it must be fixed and displayed for every product or it could get the shoppers disoriented.
This is important when you practice selling mass products, as there is a high chance for you to lose a major chunk of the daily budget via popular search terms. Therefore, bundling every product into the Google Shopping feed helps to drive less conversion rates.
Perhaps, go for niche products as they likely to drive higher conversion rates and you can also segment the products into different categories as per the price and seasonality.
3) User Experience Is The Key
A user-friendly environment is very important in an online store, as a buyer chooses to move forward with a website when on the landing page, within just a few seconds. So, make sure to design the landing page in a way that attracts the shoppers and also helps navigate the products easily, without any hassle.
4) Benefit From The Retargeting Campaign
Retargeting your campaign isn’t a bad choice and it also encourages you to create display ads using the products viewed by the site visitors. It can help remind the buyers about the various features for search ads and also boost your conversions and sales.
5) Do Not Hesitate If You Wish To Refine The Product Descriptions
Alongside the price and availability, the next possible thing that the shoppers would read through is the product description. For which, it is important to emphasize clearly regarding the product in the descriptions session.
Remember to use the popular keywords for the product to help make it easier for the buyers to find the products. Craft the descriptions in a unique and imposing way that stands out from the competitors.
To Conclude: Selling On Google Shopping
Given the present scenario, it is important for the retailer to keep their options available to view the competitors. Therefore, with the escalating growth of e-commerce stores, Google Shopping has additional sales channels, boosts your revenue, and diversifies the sales strategies.
Also, you can choose to use the Glorify App to help create good quality pictures in just a few minutes and boost your Google Shopping. Here’s how:
- Login into Glorify.com, and click on Browse
- Select the platform and the size of the Google Shopping Merchant Center
- Choose the best template that fits your business well from the templates available. Or, filter as per the Theme/Niche
- Now, click on ‘Use This Template’
- Start customizing! Add the product photo, add a background, fill in the text, etc
- Once you are ready and are happy with the post, simply download it in the format you require.
FAQs: A Complete Guide On How To Sell A Product On Google Shopping
1) How do I sell something on Google Shopping?
- Create a Google Merchant Center account
- Click/create and upload high-quality product images
- Set the product data feed
- Link the Google Merchant Center Account to the Google AdWords account
- Next, create a Google Shopping campaign
- Place bids on the Google Shopping campaign
- Determine the target and schedule the Shopping campaign
2) How much does it cost to sell on Google Shopping?
A retailer can choose a cost per click as low as $0.01 as there is no minimum daily budget. This way, Google Shopping has a lot of flexibility, ranging from $1 a day, $1 a month, or more than $100 a day, as per your budget.
3) Is it free to sell on Google?
You can list or sell your products for free to reach shoppers across Google.
4) Is Google Shopping profitable?
As per reports, the Google Shopping Merchant Center at present accounts for 65% of all Google Ads clicks and 89% of non-branded Google search ad clicks for the retailers. Adding on, the Shopping Ads have been observed to be profitable, netting advertisers of 12% more revenue per click compared to the Search Ads on the desktop for non-branded keywords.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG