How To Upload Product Pictures On Amazon: A Complete Guide
May 11, 2021 | 0 min read
Product photography or the main image of the item in question is the ultimate decision-maker for almost all potential buyers. You’d notice that most product photos that not only seem appealing but also happen to meet the technical requirements are observed to make the most sales on Amazon.
By all means, it is the innate human nature to attract themselves to images or things that tend to come across as appealing, resulting in a good sale, increasing the conversion rates, and also growing your business. This is why, along with coming up with the best captions, a cover art with the requirement met is necessary. But what use are they if they can’t be uploaded on Amazon?
Here is a guide that will help you to acknowledge how to upload product pictures on Amazon in the best possible manner. Read on to know more!
Amazon Product Photography Requirements For The Product images And Listings
Amazon product image requirements are strictly maintained on the platform. Therefore, here are the product listings in terms of the rules and the technical requirements:
1) Amazon Main Image Rules for Listing
- The product images must be photographed professionally using realistic colors with smooth edges
- The Amazon product image must be in 100% image frame
- Always add a product image with a pure white background
- Do not add any additional text or graphics to the photography
- The recommended Amazon product image dimension is 1:1 square
- In order to showcase positively to the customers, you can include noteworthy visual information concerning the product
- Pornographic and offensive objects in the product images are strictly prohibited
- You can also choose to add text graphics and demonstrations with the images
- Avoid any watermarks, logo, or unexpected objects in the product image
You can also make use of the Glorify App to create good quality pictures for Amazon, all you need to do is:
- Login into Glorify.com, and click on Browse
- Select the platform and the size for Amazon
- Choose the best template that fits your business well from the templates available. Or, filter as per the Theme/Niche
- Now, click on ‘Use This Template’
- Start customizing! Add the product photo, add a background, fill in the text, etc
- Now, download the picture in the format you require.
2) Technical Amazon Image Requirements
Listed below are the technical Amazon image requirements:
- The product images must be in JPEG, TIFF, GIF, and PNG format
- Photography in JPEG is mostly preferred
- The acceptable color mode is RGB or CMYK for Amazon
- The image size must be up to 10MB
- The minimum pixel dimension for Amazon photography must be 1000 or larger
- You must make sure to include file names as product identifiers, such as Amazon ASIN, EAN, UPC, JAN, and ISBN
- The name of the file must follow the proper period and file extension procedure
- Avoid the use of dashes, spaces, or characters in the text of the image on Amazon
How To Upload Product Pictures On Amazon?
Here is a step by step guide to help you upload the product pictures on Amazon in the right fashion:
- Go to the inventory menu on Amazon
- Click on “Manage Inventory”
- You’ll find a list of the different types of products mentioned on the list
- Now, search for the product category of your choice from the list
- Select the category
- Click on “Manage Images” from the menu
- Add the product image by clicking on “Browse File”
- Select the product photograph
- Click on “Upload images”
- And that’s all, you’ve successfully uploaded an image on Amazon
What Are The Best Tips Or The Best Practices For The Amazon Images?
In order to get the best results possible, it is important for you to check and follow some instructions in order to get the best results, before uploading images of your favorite products on Amazon. Here is a list with short descriptions for you:
- Amazon allows you to select product photos in bulk to help you publicize the product photo in the best possible way on Amazon. By uploading multiple images, the seller will be able to attract more buyers as it allows them to view the image from different angles
- Make sure to include humans in the photography to help make it come across as more appealing and attractive to potential buyers, resulting in an increase in the sale on Amazon
- Always make sure to add a few necessary and relevant information about the product along with the photo but more relevance. By doing so, you increase the chances of the product being sold at a faster rate with more clarity concerning the product
- Upload creative product images that are rather eye-catchy and get more clicks, as compared to the otherwise existing/boring product photos
- Make use of a few lifestyle graphics and images on Amazon
- It is up to you to upload pictures of the product with and without a package
- Only upload high-quality photos that are zoomable and do not come across as grainy and on with low-quality. This also helps the customers to have a better look at the product in question
- Optimize your product photos for all media and make it smartphone-friendly. As most buyers access major sites through their phones, it will help the product gain easy visibility and comes across as much clearer
- Never compromise with the image quality, the recommended size, the image requirements, and its details, this will help you achieve more sales.
To Conclude: Uploading High-Quality Amazon Images
As a part of the e-commerce business and its establishment, it is a given that the Amazon product photos tend to play a vital role in helping the business/brand to grow in numbers, as well as, quality. Amazon, in itself, has happened to create a marketplace in itself with a huge number of sellers and buyers, with many selling their products, maintaining the image requirements.
This is why it is important for you to consider the article above and take note of the requirements as per the Amazon authority, to help grow and further enhance your amazon listings. We hope that with this proper and detailed direction our sellers, as well as the buyers will be able to exercise and use the platform in the right manner.
However, in case you still face any troubles, feel free to reach out to Amazon photo editing services.
FAQs: How To Upload Product Images On Amazon: A Complete Guide
1) How to send photos to a seller using the Amazon app?
- Go to the “Message Center”
- Click on “Buyer/Seller Messages”
- Choose the “Subject: Product Customization”
- Attach attachments
- Upload an image file
2) How to attach a file to an Amazon message?
To attach a file on an Amazon message, you will be required to send attachments. To do so:
- Click on “browse’ place under the replay box
- Select the image
- And, attach it to the message
3) What is the best image size for Amazon?
The recommended image size for Amazon is 1000 pixels minimum, in either width or height, and 2560 pixels wide.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG