Instant Background Eraser to Remove Photo Backgrounds
October 30, 2020 | 0 min read
How many times have you found yourself in a spot where you absolutely loved how you or your subject looked in a picture; however, something still seemed to be wrong about it as a whole? In most cases than not, that ‘something wrong’ is the image background. An ill-looking background can potentially drop down the appeal of a picture. Glorify’s background removal tool solves this problem for you under minutes!
It actually is not even only about an ugly, ill-looking backdrop. There could be so many reasons to remove the background of a photo; to get rid of the unnecessary clutter, to cut out an object for use against another layered design, to find a more-suitable background that highlights your product, etc.
Background removal or editing comes in handy, especially for YouTubers and Instagram thumbnails.
With our Background removal tool, all you need to do is, upload (or drag and drop) your image and our tool automatically identifies the object, deleting the entire background through auto-clip. Or for those who are a tad bit more particular, you can also do it manually by choosing the scalpel mode. It really is that simple and quick!
How to use Automatic Background Eraser in Glorify: A Step By Step Guide:
- Log in to your Glorify account or sign up for one if you have not already
- Clock on “toolbox” right next to the Glorify icon
- Upload/Drag and drop your image
- The auto tool automatically removes your background, leaving you only with a foreground or the object
- Or you can also use the “scalpel” on top to manually remove only the specific parts of your background
- Once satisfied, click “done” and your image will automatically be saved in “image library> my designs” with a transparent background!
Once the background of your image is removed, you will be able to see a white and grey checkered background underneath your image. You can then create any background for your image; the image can be downloaded in the PNG format which further preserves the transparency, opening up so many possibilities for you.
Here are some quick tips on what all you can do with a no-background image
Let’s say, for example, you are creating an Amazon product promo image. Just click on the Amazon product promo image template, and choose “new from scratch” in the template options.
Just upload your background-less product image, and now add any background from the “Background” option in the left panel. From solid colors to patterned backgrounds Glorify does all of it for you! To spice things up a little more, once done, you can also add text and elements like illustrations, buttons, shapes, icons and so much more by clicking on “text” or “elements” respectively in the left panel.
Quick Tips on getting the best, ideal results with the Glorify Background Removal Tool-
1. The best images for background removal are those that have a definite object in the foreground. If you are using the tool for your product images, always choose images that have your product highlight in the spotlight. You can also advise your photographer to keep the product closer to the camera in order to achieve a solid foreground.
2. Use images that have a definite contrast between the foreground and the background image. Also once you have removed the background, always remember, plain background work best for product images than busy background. Also why Amazon has a ‘white background’ image policy for sellers!
Another thing to keep in mind is that the images wherein the subject is cut off at the edge of the photo’s frame will look the best instead of an image that has the subject cut off in the middle of the frame. If not, the removed background could end up looking even worse than the original background.