When using these in content, it is a sure deal for the viewers to pause and look in order to read or decode the emoji, enhancing your reach and engagement. These are literally everywhere, from family chats to email promotions, available in every corner of the world. But let’s talk about that one particularly fascinating emoji today- the shrug emoji!
The Shrug Emoji ツ
Speaking of emojis, there is one emoticon that is used almost every second around the world, the shrug emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The reason behind it is that it is universal in nature and can be used as a text replacement for situations where you find something confusing or perhaps think it complete nonsense.
If you wish to add more to this shrug emoji, you could try to type in the expression using the various tools on your keyboard, it might be old-fashioned but is quite effective, we’re sure you’d want to use it.
Don’t know how? Not to worry, here are the steps on how to type the shrug emoji every time on all, your iPhone, Android, Windows, and Mac. Read on to know more!
How to type the shrug emoji: Typing or saving the Shrug Emoji
1) How to type the shrug emoji: On your iPhone
The shrug emojis are considered to be the easiest and best amongst all the other emojis as per observations and are a great fit for times when you are either angry, confused, or simply neutral.
A shrug emoji’s picturization or a representation of a person who comes across as confused or fails to understand what to do at that point in time.
If you do not wish to adhere to the whole idea of copying and pasting a shrug emoticon every time, do the following steps given below:
- Go to Settings
- Click on general and tap on Keyboard
- Now search for “Shortcuts” and enabled it
- Now, go to “Text Replacement” and add a new one by simply clicking on the plus sign (+) icon
- Now, in the “Phrase” field, paste this shrug emoji¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Now, in the “Shortcut” field type in a shortcut that will trigger this shrug emoji when you use it while typing
- Click on “Save” and you’re done
2) How to type the shrug emoji: On your Android phone
Adding the shrug emoji on your Android is fairly easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
All you need to do is create a “Shortcut” field, and type the word “shrug emoji,” or “shrug” to trigger the shrug emoji. Here’s how:
- Go to settings
- Click on language and then on input
- Now select “Personal dictionary”
- Select the language input to all languages
- Then select the + button and Type a Word field
- Now paste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Next, in the “Shortcut” field, type “shrug emoji,” “shrug” or whatever word you wish to use in order to trigger the shruggie
- And, you’re done!
3) How to type the shrug emoji: On your Mac device
Here how you can make the most of the shrug emoji on your laptop:
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner
- Go on “System preferences”
- Now click “Keyboard” and press the “Text” button.
- In the “Replace” box type “shrug”
- Paste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ inside the “With” box
4) How to type the shrug emoji: On your windows
Here’s how you can add the shrug emoji to the windows operating system:
- You’ll need to first download PhraseExpress
- Then click on “Special functions”
- Type in the word “shrug” or whatever word you wish the trigger to apply in the “Auto Text” box
- Now, paste the shrug emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ into the “Special functions” box
Here are the other emoticons that you’d like to use
Feel free to copy and paste these emojis to share with your people or use them over the internet:
1) Simple Emoticons
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2) Table Flipping Text Emoticons
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ)
┻━┻ ︵ ＼( °□° )／ ︵ ┻━
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ﾉ︵ ┻━┻
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
(╯°Д°）╯︵ /(.□ . \)
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
3) Textual Angry Emoticons
4) Animal Emoticons
=＾● ⋏ ●＾=
5) Happy Jolly Emoticons
( 。・_・。)人(。・_・。 )
└(^o^ )Ｘ( ^o^)┘
ヘ( ^o^)ノ＼(^_^ )
(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
6) Surprised Text Emoticons
( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
7) Deal-With-It or cool Text Emoticons
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Using an emoticon over the internet, content, text, or even professional emails is a good idea to form an ideal conversation and at the same time be creative and expressive, breaking the monotonous machinery environment.
Perhaps, if you are a content manager, social media marketing specialist or a person who likes using these emojis can easily add them to your texts, or maybe, simply copy and paste the created emojis above.
How To Type The Shrug Emoji FAQs
1. Examples of how to make faces using the keyboard tools?
Here are a few text face examples:
– ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
– ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
– ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
– (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
– ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ಠ_ಠ
– (づ｡ ◕‿‿◕｡) づ ̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
– (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ ✧ﾟ・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ) [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
– ┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
2. How do you make a Shruggie?
1. First copy this shrug emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2. Then open the System Preferences and choose the ‘Keyboard’ option
3. Now, select the ‘Text’ tab
4. Click the ‘+’ arrow and choose an abbreviation that will replace the shrug emoji
5. Now, hit enter
3. How do you type emoticons on a keyboard?
1. While you enter your text
2. Type the ‘Windows logo’ key and the (.) period key together
3. An emoji keyboard will appear on your screen
4. Select the emoji you prefer and you’re good to go