What is a ‘Must Have’ for a Good Banner?
Before we dig any deeper, let’s see what a banner must have to be more “clickable.”
In the era when we can see ads everywhere, creating an ad banner that will be a show-stopper is a challenge. Of course, the banner design software we’ll share with you would help enormously, but you still need to know some elements your banner should have to stand out from the competition.
And here are some of them:
- Content is the king, don’t forget that. Make it relevant to your audience and your campaign.
- Speaking of content, don’t forget about a catchy CTA.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box ( play with colors, sizes and patterns of your banner).
- You should optimize your banner to make it mobile-friendly.
- If possible, create interactive 3D banners.
- No matter how great your banner might be, change it from time to time, etc.
Only when you have a clear vision of your message, goal, target audience, and campaign can you create a compelling banner and enjoy its benefits. Speaking of the latter, what are the benefits of banner design software?
The Benefits of Banner Design Software
Banner design software provides a wide range of benefits.
Individuals can use banner design software to create personal projects, such as photo collages, scrapbooks, and invitations. This software is typically easy to use and can be downloaded for free or purchased for a reasonable price. Many banner design software programs also include a library of pre-made templates, which can be customized to fit the user's needs.
On the other hand, businesses can use banner design software to create marketing and advertising materials, such as website banners, email headers, and social media posts. They are also helpful for creating graphics for presentations, reports, and other documents.
Since our focus is on businesses, we will emphasize features of banner design software that will take your ads to another level. Thus, without any more delays, here comes our list of the best banner design software.
The Top 5 Banner Design Software You Should Try
Glorify is great design software in many aspects, and even more so if you are a beginner or a non-designer. The main reason why Glorify is beginner-friendly lies in the fact that it has a very intuitive platform that comes with a tutorial, so you can very quickly get a grasp of the platform.
And even without the tutorial, everything is one click away, and you can start creating compelling visuals in a matter of minutes.
So let’s see some of the features that Glorify offers.
1. Infinite Canvases
This feature is great for brainstorming and penning down ideas. You can use it to prepare marketing materials, work on your brand identity, collaborate with your team, and, as the name suggests, you have infinite space to work on.
Another helpful feature is Brand Kit.
2. Brand Kit
It goes without saying that any business wants that its brand is widely recognized. So that the moment people see specific color patterns or a logo, they link it to a particular brand. The Bran Kit feature helps you with that. By customizing your own brand and logo colors, you can store and access them in one place and easily apply them to all the designs you create.
Brand Kit feature is a great way to create something unusual and eye-catching and play with different styles and fonts.
3. Editing Features
There is definitely a variety of features you’ll encounter once you land on Glorify’s dashboard. But let’s just name a few:
- Background Remover - Helps you customize any of Glorify’s templates you choose. With a few clicks, you can partially or completely remove the background and edit it to fully meets your design needs.
- Shadows and Reflections - Enables you to add more life to your visuals by creating a more life-like and realistic feel.
- Annotation Tool - If you want to highlight some of your product’s features, this is the right tool for you.Fully customizable like all the other Glorify’s features.
- Smart Resizing Tool - No matter which social media platform you want to post on, this handy tool takes all the hassle away from having to do the resizing manually. The moment you choose the desired platform, a customizable template will automatically be resized to the required dimensions and size. Handy, right?
4. Template Bundles
Most of Glorify’s templates come in Template Bundles.
What does it mean?
The moment you choose a template, you will automatically get a set of templates already adjusted for different platforms and purposes such as paid ads, email marketing, etc.
There are more features that Glorify offers, but overall, this is an extremely user-friendly platform that will really save tons of your time and effort when it comes to creating beautiful designs.
Glorify has three pricing plans.
The following banner designer software on our list is My Banner Maker.
2. My Banner Maker
This design software, as the name suggests, has a sole purpose: to create banners. It is a straightforward tool that helps you create banners for your website or blog in seconds. With My Banner Maker, you can create banners of any size, shape, or color by choosing them from its template library. You can also add text, images and videos to your banners. It is worth mentioning that the selection of fonts isn’t as extensive as with some other design software.
On the other hand, it is a user-friendly banner maker that is easy to use and doesn’t require any prior experience in banner making. It offers a quick solution to the newbies.
My Banner Maker offers two pricing plans.
Moving on to the next banner design software on our list.
GIMP isn’t solely banner design software. Instead, it is robust graphical design software you can use to do photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It is a cross-platform image editor for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows, etc.
When it comes to tools, there are typical image-editing tools like pencils, gradients, paintbrushes, blending tools, etc.
Another useful perk is that you can expand or upgrade the existing features and tools by installing plugins. This gives you more variety in what you can use in your designs.
GIMP is entirely free.
Let’s see what’s next on our list.
4. Adobe Illustrator
This is another vector-based banner design software program that professional graphic designers often use. Adobe Illustrator offers a wide variety of features and tools that can be used to create banners of all sizes and shapes. It also offers support for a wide range of file formats, which is essential when working with banner designs that will be used in various media.
Let’s highlight some of Adobe Illustrator’s features:
- Typography features offer a great variety of fonts and text tools.
- Editing tools such are pen tools, paintbrushes, the eraser tool, the clone stamp tool, etc.
- Template gallery with a wide variety of templates and royalty-free artwork.
Despite being a really robust and versatile tool, the downside of Adobe Illustrator is that it might not be the right choice if you are a beginner. It does have a steep learning curve, so you will have to spend a lot of time until you get a good grasp of it.
Adobe Illustrator has one pricing plan.
Last but not least on our list is Bannernow.
Bannernow is a versatile and user-friendly software that helps you quickly create professional-looking banners, posters, and other marketing materials. With its easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, you can add your own images, logos, and text to create visuals.
When it comes to editing tools, you can add
- backgrounds and effects,
- icons, fonts, buttons, slides, etc.
You can also choose from the library of pre-built templates and assets. Of course, you can also upload your own designs.
It has one pricing plan.
Banner Design Software Checklist
We’ve come to the end of our list. Before we wrap things up, let’s do the checklist of what you should pay attention to when choosing banner design software.
- First, consider your budget.
- Second, consider the features you need. Some software is fundamental, whereas others offer more advanced features. Choose the software that provides the features you need to create the banner you want.
- Third, consider the ease of use. You want software that is easy to use, so you can create your banner quickly and in a matter of minutes.
- Fourth, consider customer support. You want to choose software with good customer support in case you have any questions or problems.
- Finally, take some time to read banner design software reviews before your purchase. This will help you see what other users think of the software and find the best option for you.
Wrapping It Up
With banner design software, you will be able to create professional-looking banners for your products and services. Banner design software also allows you to customize your banners to match your branding and marketing goals. Furthermore, it can help you save time and money on banner production costs.
So which banner design software should you use? Only you know the answer because you know your business needs and goals.
However, if we were to give you a hint, we suggest you start with Glorify. Why? It is the best value for money while being beginner-friendly. It compiled the best features of the other software, all packed under one roof. When you add how user-friendly it is, it seems there is really not much you can’t do with it.
Ready to give it a try?
Start your free trial today to see how Glorify can quickly and easily create banners and other visuals for you in no time.