What Things to Pay Attention to?
Before you even begin the search for the best graphic design tool, it is very important that you already have a business vision in your mind.
What do we mean by that? You must know what type of visuals you want to use, if you need more basic graphic design tools or not, what is the idea behind those visuals, etc. Thinking upfront about these things will help you narrow down the search and be more efficient.
Even though we will cover free graphic design tools, most of them offer more advanced features only in their premium versions. Thus, one of the first things to check is what is included in the free package and how well it suits your business needs. Each of the following tools is great in its own respect, but not all of them might help you with what you want to achieve.
So, let’s finally check the free graphic design tools we’ve hand-picked for you. Ready?
Glorify is a beginner-friendly graphic design platform specialized in eCommerce visual assets like high-quality product images, mockups, branding, etc. What makes Glorify super practical is that everything happens in one place, within a single dashboard.
Let’s see in more detail what features Glorify boasts.
1. Infinite Canvas
It isn’t a typical graphic design feature, but it helps get all the creative juices flowing. Here you can brainstorm with your team and work on marketing material, design ideas, and brand identity.
2. Template Gallery
Glorify’s template gallery covers everything from product images, mockups, website headers, and banners to social media templates. Another nice little perk is that most of these templates come in bundles. It means they are immediately optimized to be used across all social media platforms.
3. Brand It Kit
Stunning visuals are a must for any type of eCommerce. But to make them stand out even more and at the same time make your brand more visible and recognizable, Glorify’s Brand It feature is a tool to go to.
You can choose your Brand colors, create or upload your logo and then customize your design accordingly.
Not only do you boost your visibility, but you also stay consistent and hence, more memorable.
4. Editing Tools
Considering that Glorify’s features are created for non-designers, the variety and the number of them are pretty impressive. And yet, their application is really intuitive and easy. Like with most graphic design platforms for beginners, everything functions on a drag-and-drop principle.
From Elements like icons, shapes, photos, effects, and backgrounds to features like background remover, shadowing, reflection, layers, etc. Everything is in one place, and only a click away.
Let’s see where Glorify stands when it comes to pricing.
Pros And Cons
- All-in-one platform
- Extremely user-friendly with a rich set of features
- Has mockups and product image editing tools that are essential for eCommerce
- Its template gallery is expanding, but it is not as wide as in some other competitors
- There are still no video editing tools ( but it is coming really soon in the new version)
- Free Forever - $0/month for up to three users. You get one workspace, five projects, ten background remover uses/month, and ten premium stock per month.
- Pro Annual - costs $29.99/month billed yearly at $359.91/year for five users ($5.99 per user). You get five workspaces, unlimited projects, unlimited downloads, unlimited guests, 100 premium stock/month, and 100 background remover uses/month.
Business Annual - costs $74.99/month billed yearly at $899.91/year for ten users ($7.49 per user). It gives unlimited workspaces, projects, downloads, guests, background remover uses, and premium stock.
2. Design Wizard
Design Wizard is an online graphic design platform that enables users to create professional-looking designs without prior experience. The platform offers a wide range of templates for various design needs, such as social media posts, marketing, ads, flyers, and more. However, there aren’t any templates for mockups or product images.
In addition, users can upload their own images and logos to create custom designs. Design Wizard also offers editing tools such as a color palette generator, image cropping, and text editing to help users create their designs.
Pros And Cons
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Rich template gallery
- Thousands of images, videos, graphic illustrations, etc.
- Lacking mockup and product templates
- Some of the more advanced editing features are only available in the paid version.
- Basic: It’s free and offers “Pay As You Go Image & Video Downloads”, editing tools like resizing, custom color palette and reseller rights.
- Pro: It costs $9.99 per month and includes all Basic features plus 60 Image Design downloads monthly, image and text upload, free previews and 1GB of storage.
- Business: The price is $49.99 per month. Besides Pro features, you get Unlimited Standard Video Downloads, 1 Premium Video Per Month, Unlimited Image Design Downloads, Video Uploads, Add Text & Images to Video, and 10GB of storage.
It is almost impossible to talk about graphic design tools without mentioning Adobe.
3. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is a free online and mobile graphic design app. Although it belongs to the large Adobe family, unlike its older cousin Adobe Illustrator, it isn’t robust and doesn’t have a steep learning curve.
With Adobe Spark, you can easily create graphics, and web page designs, do simpler video editings for ad campaigns without any prior design experience. Furthermore, you can also upload your logo, font, and colors to make branded designs.
Pros And Cons
- Forever-free plan
- A vast image and assets library
- Intuitive interface
- Limited set of features for more complex design
- Limited set of features in Free plan.
There are two plans:
- Forever Free plan includes a great number of templates and design assets, a limited
collection of royalty-free Adobe Stock photos, and basic editing and photo effects. It offers 2GB of storage.
- Premium Plan costs $ 9.99 per month. There is a 30-day free trial. This plan includes everything in the Free plan plus more advanced features like a social media calendar, PDF converting, adding logos, etc. It offers 100GB of storage.
Next on our list is a valuable design tool if you are into infographics and video tools.
Piktochart is excellent if your focus is on creating basic infographics, presentations, videos, booklets, brochures, etc.
The popularity of infographics has definitely increased in the last few years. They are straightforward and up-to-the-point. You can choose from around 400 templates, icons and graphics.
The interface is beginner-friendly with drag-and-drop options regardless of the type of design you’re doing.
Pros And Cons
- Very generous free plan in terms of the features’ access
- Allows you to play with different formats, such as video editing
- Creating designs doesn’t take long, but you do need some time to learn the platform
- Lacking tools for mockups and product images
- Might not be budget-friendly since you pay per team member
Free: It’s forever free. The storage is 100 MB, but there are no custom team templates and fonts. Unlimited templates, stock photos, etc.
Pro: It costs $14.00 per member per month. The storage is 100 GB. Access to all features is unlimited.
Enterprise: The storage is 200 GB. You have the same access as in Pro.
Before we wrap things up, there’s still one more platform worth mentioning.
PicMonkey is yet another easy-to-use graphic design tool. Its simple drag-and-drop interface is great for users with no prior design experience. PicMonkey is an excellent choice if you want to design flyers, social media elements, infographics, presentations, business cards and logos.
You can do photo editing like trimming, resizing, adding textures, and doing touch-ups.
However, while PicMonkey is free to use, some of these features you can unlock only with a Pro subscription.
Pros And Cons
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface
- Great for social media design elements
- More advanced features are only part of the premium versions
- You can’t download or share your design unless you subscribe
PicMonkey has three plans:
- Basic offers 1GB cloud storage, primo effects and touch up tools. It costs $7.99 per month.
- Pro offers everything from Basic plus unlimited storage, one Brand Kit, etc. It costs $12.99.
- Business includes everything from Pro, plus logos, multiple brand kits and collaboration tools. It costs $23.00.
All of the tools we described serve their purpose, and all of them are the right tool depending on your business needs.
For example, if you’ll benefit from more video content or infographics, you should pick Piktochart. Adobe Spark might be the best choice for more branded visual content, whereas DesignWizard and PicMonkey can help you with social media designs and ads.
However, if you don’t need video editing just yet, but you want to benefit from all the other features the tools mentioned above have, including product images and mockups, then Glorify seems like the most logical choice.
You're missing out on a powerful marketing tool if you're not using graphic design tools to improve your eCommerce business. Start your free trial with Glorify today and see the benefits tomorrow.