What are social media design tools, and what are their benefits?
Social media design tools are tools that help you create, edit, and share the visual content. These visuals include images, gifs, videos, animations, infographics, and more.
In this regard, graphic design can be very useful. There are a ton of free design tools available online.
The great thing is that these apps don’t need downloading and installing - they’re web based software, so you can use them wherever there is an internet connection.
In this article, we selected some of the best social media design tools based on their features, user-friendliness, and pricing.
How can social media design tools help your business?
Studies show that infographics and images interact more than standard posts. That’s because people are predisposed to respond better to visuals.
So, how do visuals ensure that your business stands out online?
Making a social media strategy is a straightforward first step. Include captivating graphics that you can share on all your social media profiles.
Here are the benefits of using design tools:
- Creative images can increase brand recognition, increase traffic, and even boost sales.
- These tools can save time and money, because they are easy to use.
- They can help you organize your workflow. Also, ensure your content is optimized for different social media platforms.
Now, let's move to the best social media design tools and see why they work.
Glorify is a powerful cloud-based, all-in-one collaborative content design tool. It is a perfect solution for small business owners, content creators, graphic designers, or advertising agencies.
Its simple drag-and-drop interface is suitable even for total beginners. Whatsmore, you can learn more about this tool using video tutorials and blog posts directly from the website.
Usually, people have more than one account on different social media platforms. So if you have to go back and forth and change the size for each social media channel, it can be frustrating and time-consuming. Fortunately, Glorify offers hundreds of templates optimized for every platform. They are entirely customizable and easy to edit.
Whether you need a LinkedIn banner, Facebook cover photo, or a perfect size for an Instagram post – Glorify has got you covered.
Glorify's Library is divided into categories. For a quicker search, type the keyword in the search box. For example, all the available formats will appear by typing " Instagram" in the search box.
Find formats for:
- Social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Tumblr, etc.),
- ECommerce platforms (Amazon, Alibaba, Etsy, eBay, Aliexpress, Wish, Shopify, Woo, etc.),
- Streaming platforms (Spotify, Twitch, etc.), and many more.
Creating new and fresh content every time you post might be challenging. Select the wanted template from the Library and tweak it to your needs and liking.
- Infinite canvas – Bring all your grand ideas to life using a single, infinite canvas. Make marketing materials, gather resources, create a brand identity, and more.
- Mockups – Use realistic 3D mockups and mockup scenes to display your items and products.
- Brand kit – This feature allows you to create your logo, brand colors, and customized typeface and use them on any designs you need. Save time by integrating your branding assets in one place while maintaining consistency throughout all campaigns.
- Background remover – Get crisp, clear images using this AI-powered background remover tool. This tool lets you get rid of unwanted backgrounds automatically or manually within seconds.
- Shadows and reflections – Use shadows and reflections to give your pictures a more realistic feel. Use reflections, ground and drop shadows to make your pictures stand out.
- Annotate tool – Highlight the key aspects of your product by drawing clear lines and arrows.
- Smart resize – This tool can quickly and easily create several versions of an image. It allows you to repurpose your design across several social media channels or make your unique sizes.
- Template bundles – Use one design across platforms.
- Share, organize and collaborate – Work with your team and share the finished project to an email, website, or social media.
The great thing about these features is that you can switch between formats. For example, you selected a Template for a Facebook post. Are you happy with the final design and want to repost it as an Instagram story?
You do not have to start from scratch or compromise on the quality of the image.
Use a Smart resizer, choose the size you need and convert your image in less than a minute.
The downside of this tool is that the Library doesn't have as many templates as alternatives, but it is constantly growing.
Piktochart allows you to create professional-looking infographics, flyers, posters, charts, and videos. Also, browse through hundreds of royalty-free photos and create incredible visual effects.
Additionally, you can customize pre-made templates with a single click.
Experiment with several looks to match your brand's distinctive personality.
Piktochart has more than 100 editable themes for infographics, reports, banners, and presentations.
With Piktochart, you can present survey results or illustrate a multi-step process.
Additionally, the editor has a vast library of photos, graphs, shapes, and other components. Use them to make presentations, minimalist infographics, social media graphics, and more.
Whatsmore, this tool incorporates the idea of remote collaboration to allow teams to create their creations.
- Image editor – easily change photos, text, and other elements using the drag-and-drop editor.
- Customizable templates – You can start from scratch or select from hundreds of available templates.
- Teamwork – Leave comments and notes, and work with your team, online or offline.
- Offline management – Save the file for editing after finishing the design of social media graphics or other products.
The downside is that the free account is quite limited. So, you need to upgrade to a Pro account to do more than the basics.
3. Pixlr X
Pixlr is a photo editor and a social media design tool. This software comes in two versions – Pixlr E (for pros) and Pixlr X. Both are AI-powered editors that allow you to achieve professional photo edits.
Using Pixlr X, you can easily edit photographs to make them more appealing and attractive. Use this tool to create collages, remove backgrounds, and add layers.
With its drag-and-drop editor, you can also change a variety of design templates.
While this editor may be more complicated than the others, it still offers a wide range of editing options.
- The interface supports more than 20 languages.
- Templates – Find a suitable size for social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn) or create business cards, flyers, or collages.
- One-click background removal – Available for Premium users.
- Hundreds of exclusive fonts – Also available after purchasing the Premium plan.
The downside is that the free version has many advertisements popping up on the UI that many users find distracting.
PicMonkey is a user-friendly design tool that enables users to edit photographs and create unique graphics in one editor.
Start with the completely blank canvas or pre-existing template. Edit text and add images, effects, and other elements to make a unique design.
The drag-and-drop interface is intuitive, and each element you add to the design has customizable layers.
With PicMonkey, you can create stunning logos, banners, thumbnails, collages, and more.
The downside is that many features like Background remover, Smart resize tool, and Branding kit are only available if you upgrade your plan.
- Fonts library – Edit your text using various typefaces.
- Photo editor – Primo effects, templates, and touch-up tools.
- Smart Resize – Instantly reformat to multiple sizes.
- Animation – Animate one or all elements of your design.
Although PicMonkey is an excellent editor, many features are only available through a free seven-day trial. Thus, if you wish to download your project or use some features, you must subscribe to a Basic or Pro plan.
Buffer, the social sharing application, created Pablo to give marketers the resources to engage customers.
This tool lets you create visuals and upload them right away or schedule them for posting at a later time.
It has a simple, straightforward interface, perfect for beginners. Because there are no accounts, there is no need to create one.
In addition to choosing from a large variety of royalty-free images, you can also upload your own. Then, edit it further using a text editor. Finally, you can customize it by adding filters and quotes, changing size, or adding your logo.
Once your image is perfect, select Share & Download to save it or share it directly to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. Or schedule it for posting later using Buffer.
Although Buffer developed Pablo, they are not connected under one platform. So, having to switch between the two sites is a hassle. It would be better if the aspects of Pablo were just available on Buffer. Some users also encountered scheduling problems when posting with Buffer through Pablo.
- Image editor – Choose a preset, add filters, or change the layout of your image.
- Text editor – Add a quote and change the style and size of the font.
- Publishing tools – This tool allows you to schedule the publishing of social media posts.
The main disadvantage is that Pablo is a basic editor, suitable for beginners only.
To Wrap It Up
It can be challenging and time-consuming to test out every tool to find the best one for social media. So, which one should you choose?
Well, the one that marks all your criteria.
These tools can help you to improve your social media images by:
1. Offering the ideal graphic size for each platform.
2. Matching the components of your design with your branding.
3. Save your time by having a simple, intuitive user interface
4. Having a powerful photo editor.
5. Allowing you to work along with your team.
6. It constantly develops, adding new and exciting features.
So, if we could give you a tip, we think Glorify ticks all the above.
Try it out today for free and see how it transforms your social media design to a higher level.