To convey the right message, you must create your GIF using a free GIF maker online especially if you’re a social media strategist or content creator. The best part is that it’s easy to create with the help of a few tools.
Has the thought of creating a GIF for marketing cross your mind?
If yes, read on to know how to make a GIF from a video or images. All you’d need is an internet connection and some tools.
How to make a gif – Top 3 ways:
- By creating a slideshow using images
- By trimming a section of your video
- And, by using an online GIF maker to convert a section of a YouTube or Vimeo video
What are the benefits of Animated GIFs using the free GIF maker in Marketing
They are a lot of fun involved when you make a GIF from a video and it has become wildly popular over the Internet. Here are a few reasons why:
- They grab instant attention
- Have an emotional impact
- Convey messages better
- Portray the fun side
- Present a good call-to-action
- Quick and informative
How to make a GIF from a video or by using images?
GIF maker creates series of still images coded into a file. This file encodes as a graphics interchange format or GIF.
Make a GIF from a video or a series of images. And, here’s how:
1. Choosing a series of images by selecting and combining images.
2. Using a short clip from a video of your own or a compatible URL to create a gif. Note that the audio will be stripped in making so choose a clip with actions.
How to make GIFs?
Listed below are the 3 best free GIF makers to create a GIF.
This free GIF maker is the internet’s largest search engine with maker tools for users to create their GIFs instead of searching and sharing other GIFs.
If you are looking for a place to store your GIFs, sign up for a free account at https://giphy.com/username.
If no, you can make a GIF without too! Simply click on “create” and get creative!
Method 1 – How to make a GIF from Images
- Click on “Choose Photo or GIF”
- Upload multiples images
- Choose image duration by dragging the slider and to adjust the time
- Enter a caption or stickers
Method 2: How to make a GIF from a Video
- Click on “Choose Video”
- Pick a source material from Vimeo or Youtube
- Upload the existing files to the site and start making a GIF using the free GIF maker
- Drag the slider and set the duration
- Click on “Continue to Decorate“
- Add a caption from the variety of font colors, styles, and animations. There is also an option to add stickers or filter effects too.
- Click on “Continue to Upload”
- Add relevant tags to make the GIF searchable and share publicly or keep it private.
You are now ready to share the GIF directly on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Reddit. Or, download the GIF and re-upload to different sites easily.
This free GIF maker is an amazing site to create your GIFs quickly and easily. Simply upload a video file or paste its URL that is used for your GIF. The site currently supports videos from Instagram, Vine, and Youtube.
How to make a GIF from a video? After selecting a video file, click on “continue” and you’ll see an editor page with a timeline below. Pick a time frame and convert it into a GIF. Continue to edit by adding a caption, stickers, and effects like blur, hue, and invert.
Once satisfied, click on “Create gif” on the free GIF maker and it’s ready to share with the world! You may also choose to copy its URL or download the GIF to re-uploading on sites to share.
This is a user-friendly free GIF maker that offers to convert videos into GIFs. Simply upload a video file from the computer or paste the URL in the field. It accepts a max of up to 100MB.
You may continue to edit after uploading the video by selecting the start and end time or choose to do nothing and a GIF of 5 seconds will be uploaded by default.
You may choose to upload multiple images or a video to create a GIF, just upload it in this GIF maker, adjust the animation speed and frame order.
Using GIFs in marketing is effective to capture the attention of the audience with the help of online tools like Giphy, Gifs, and EZGIF. You can make a GIF from photos or video and create them for free and share them on social media channels like blog posts and emails.
Free GIF Maker Online FAQs
1. How can I improve the quality of a GIF when it is low quality?
To improve the quality of a GIF animation, Choose a GIF as the output type and select a size and resolution for the GIF animation. They are fairly small in size, about 100 by 100 pixels or even less.
2. Why are GIFs low in quality?
The file format of a GIF made in the GIF maker has a hard-coded limitation of about 256 colors. So if you save or choose to convert as GIF, it has an unavoidable loss of quality of a photo. Or, if you wish to save it in a high quality it is recommended to save an image in a video format.
3. Where is GIF normally used?
GIF or Graphics Interchange Format is an image file format that is commonly used on sprites in software programs and the web. GIFs are lossless compression that does not degrade the quality of the images as compared to the JPEG image format.