We’ll help you understand the correct image dimensions of a good logo design to help bring traffic to your content.
Logo sizes for social media platforms
Why do we need to take care of the optimal logo size on social media pages? Optimal sizing of a logo is one of the most important factors when it boils down to “what makes a good logo.”
‘Why,’ you ask? Well, if a logo is smaller than the required size, it tends to stretch and become illegible. At the same time, if the logo becomes larger than needed it automatically compressed the quality in a negative direction. Whatever the case may be, the customers would have a hard time discerning what your corporate image is conveying.
The optimal logo dimensions for social media pages are usually 1024 x 512 px. If you use the required dimension you should be assured that your images will display correctly across the mediums.
Listed below are recommended logo sizes for social platforms:
- Link posts: 1200 x 628 px
- Profile image: 170 х 170 p
- Image posts: 1200 x 630 px
- Cover image: 820 х 312 px
- Image posts: 1024 x 675 px
- Cover image: 1500 х 500 px
- Profile image: 400 x 400 p
- Image posts: 1080 x 1080 px
- Profile image: 110 x 110 px
- Stories: 1080 x 1920 px
- Thumbnail image: 1280 x 720 px
- Cover image: 2560 x 1440 px
- Profile image: 800 x 800 px
- Image posts: 1000 x 1500 px
- Pin: 236 px width
- Profile image: 165 x 165 px
- Link posts: 1200 х 628 px
- Image posts: 1200 x 1200 px
- Cover image: 1536 x 768 px
- Profile image: 300 х 300 px
- Profile photo: 200 x 200 px
- Video length: 1080 x 1920 px
What size should be a logo for a website?
Once the PNG transparent background of your logo design is ready, you’ll need to upload it to the website. The optimal logo size for a website is 250 px (width) x 100 px (height).
For a horizontal layout, the recommended logo sizes for a website are:
- 250 px x 150 px
- 350 px x 75 px
- 400 px x 100 px
And, for the vertical (square) layout the recommended logo sizes for a website is: 160 px x 160 px
The favicon sizes for a website
Favicon is a small icon featuring your corporate logo where the first letter in the name of the brand or an image identifying your business or website.
Here are the sizes one can employ favicons in:
- 16 px x 16 px
- 32 px x 32 px
- 48 px x 48 px
Print Logo Sizes
Here format becomes an important aspect and not the size of the logo. PDF, SVG, and EPS are the best vector formats.
Why Should one use vector and not raster? Vector logos are both an entire image and separate parts that make it easy-to-edit and they retain their quality when scaled up multiple times, unlike raster. One doesn’t need to worry about the size before taking your design to a printing office when in vector format.
For small print logos, the recommended dimension is 500рх (or more) and for large print logos, the recommended dimension is 1024px
But, how about changing the size of the logo?
To resize the logo, you could use one of the following options:
- Photoshop or any other similar image editor
- Logaster logo maker for creating emblems
- Commission a freelance designer
- Or, for the best option yet: Visit www.glorify.com: Glorify does not only let you edit your logos endlessly but also design your logo under minutes with their logo maker tool!
An optimal logo dimension features for different purposes. Using the above guidelines on logo size for a website as well as for social media platforms and print platforms, we hope you find your way a step closer to creating successful corporate logos across domains! Were we able to answer: “what size should a logo be for a website” for you? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
What Logo Size is Best? FAQs
1. Are dimensions important for various social media platforms?
Yes! Speaking of social media platforms, we understand that each platform has its standard size, and having fitted a logo with the required dimension helps put across the company in a wider space. If one doesn’t, the logo turns out to look unprofessional and blurred.
2. How does a logo help?
Logos act as the face of the company and they speak off creating an image on the minds of the viewer. Logos are perhaps the first element viewed by the audience and create an opinion of the same.
3. What should be the logo size for Instagram?
The correct dimension for Instagram is 110×110 px with an aspect ratio of 1:1. A perfect, tiny square.