What are Product Research Tools?
Product research tools are online platforms that allow you to find and compare products, prices, and reviews.
Therefore, they are a valuable asset for ecommerce businesses, helping you find the best products at the best prices.
Furthermore, product research is vital for ecommerce businesses to ensure that you are stocking the right products that will sell well.
What are The Benefits of Using Product Research Tools?
In a nutshell, the benefits of using product research tools are to help you:
- determine what products are in demand
- what products are selling well, and
- what products might be worth investing in.
But let’s take a closer look at these benefits.
For starters, these tools help you save time by automating the research process.
Therefore, you can spend less time sifting through data and more time working on other aspects of your business.
Additionally, product research tools can help you uncover new opportunities and ideas you may not have considered before.
These tools can assist you in making better-informed decisions about which products to sell and how to market them by giving you access to data and information you wouldn't otherwise have.
To sum up, product research is critical for ecommerce businesses.
The right product research tools can help you:
- understand your customers, what they want, and how to reach them
- track your competition
- find new opportunities.
Of course, not all product research tools are created equal.
Some are better than others at providing accurate and up-to-date data.
Others may be easier to use or offer more features.
That's why it's important to experiment with different tools until you find the ones that work best for you and your business.
And to get you started, here comes our list of the 5 best product research tools for eCommerce.
5 Best Product Research Tools for eCommerce
1. Sell the Trend
Sell the Trend is an AI-powered product search and analytic tool.
In addition, it also provides marketing tools, store automation, a supplier database, automated order fulfillment, and integrations with Shopify and WooCommerce.
Since our focus is on product research tools, let’s see how Sell the Trend might help you in that department.
Sell the Trend can scan over 7 million products and 83 eCommerce niches.
The main star here is the NEXUS product explorer, an AI algorithm that identifies the trends across major eCommerce stores.
As you can see, you’ll get the info about:
- The number of sites where the product is sold
- The number of orders
- The price
- The profit margin
- The total sales.
Furthermore, you will get an insight into whether the product is popular and how steep the competition is.
In addition to having integrations with Shopify and WooCommerce, Sell the Trend has a Chrome Extension to import products directly from AliExpress.
Sell the Trend Pricing
Sell the Trend has one Premium plan and a 7-day free trial.
2. Niche Scraper
As the name suggests, Niche Scraper is a bot that scrapes thousands of products from AliExpress and Shopify to help you find a winning product.
You can set your own search filters such as:
- Product categories and subcategories
- Total orders of the product over the last 6 months
- The period when the product was added to the store.
Furthermore, you can also sort the products out by:
- Store popularity
- Growth rate
- Recent orders
- AliScore ( only for AliExpress).
Another handy tool is the Hand Picked Tool - it shows the selection of products that are added daily and considered to be the winning products.
For each product, you get the info about the:
- Sale and purchase price
- Profit margins
- Supplier links
- Facebook ad ideas
- Product description
- Other stores that sell the product.
Apart from the product research tool, Niche Scraper offers Market Research and Marketing Tools.
Some of these tools’ features provide insight into the top-performing Shopify stores and products, top niches with the greatest number of sales, profitable ads, etc.
Niche Scraper Pricing
Niche Scraper has one Premium plan and one Free, with limited access to the features.
Ecomhunt is a research tool that allows you to find products that are selling well on ecommerce platforms.
You can use Ecomhunt to find high-demand products or see what new products are being released.
It goes without saying that every tool has more advantages for its paying members.
And Ecomhunt takes it one step further because it provides top picks first to its members and to the free members only a few days later.
So what are Ecomhunt’s top features?
Ecomhunt has 5 basic features:
- Ecomhunt Classic provides hand-picked winning products with detailed information like profitability, engagement, and links to dropshippers.
- Ecomhunt Live shows trending products in real-time, their 30-day engagement history, and the countries it’s trending in.
- Ecomhunt Lucky provides product suggestions based on your filters such as trending, high margin, top score, low visits, etc.
- Ecomhunt Tracker tracks performance over time and monitors sales
- Ecomhunt Adam represents your Aliexpress product research virtual assistant
- Ecomhunt Extension helps you check the competitor Shopify stores and their products.
Since Ecomhunt focuses on new products, it isn’t the perfect match for you if you want to analyze long-term trends.
Ecomhunt has four plans: Three Premium ones and the Free one. The Free one allows limited access and a limited amount of product search.
Alishark is a product research tool that does things differently from its competitors. Instead of showing you winning products, it actually shows you products you should avoid.
The feature that Alishark is the proudest of is its Live Results feature.
It shows the products’ daily order numbers hourly so you can track a product's ratings and trends in real-time.
Some other features worth mentioning are:
- Product information feature - includes details such as pricing, reviews, the total amount of orders and sales, etc.
- Product trends feature -you get an insight into the history of sales and adds to wishlist over the last 2-6 months.
Furthermore, you can predict trends and estimate when you could make a profit or if the product is out of season.
- Advanced filters - help you find potentially hot products and sell them before they go viral.
- Hottest markets - shows you the current hottest markets and countries.
- Matching Pages - you can find competitors and compare their pricing, layout and ads.
Alishark offers many features, but the downside might be that it doesn’t have a free trial or a Free plan.
And that brings us to pricing.
Alishark has only one Premium Plan that costs $20 per month.
We’ve gradually reached the end of our list of the best research tools for eCommerce.
Last but not least is Dropship Spy.
5. Dropship Spy
What sets Dropship Spy apart from its competitors is that it tracks products, their selling ranks and performance across multiple social media platforms and not only online stores.
What else can you expect from Dropship Spy?
Well, Dropship Spy comes with three main features:
- Social Proof Products - a collection of +2500 products from social media platforms that are thoroughly analyzed and tested in terms of engagement and sales.
- AliExpress Hot Products - database of the current hottest and most trending products.
- AliExpress Winners Research - provides data about sales figures, profits, etc. of products on AliExpress.
Other features worth mentioning are:
- Amazon Analysis - shows product ranks and keywords for Amazon sites.
- Key Indicators - provides key indicators and engagement scores for each product.
- Trending Data - shows historical sales and profits data and weekly live sales tracking graphs
- Profit Calculator
- Product Reviews
- Suppliers - a list of suppliers from sites like AliExpress and CJDropshipping.
When it comes to non-product research features, Dropship Spy offers a plethora of tools. Let’s just name a few:
- Social Proof and Video Ads
- Ads Copy
- Specialized Audiences
- A list of influencers.
The last thing left to check is pricing.
Dropship Spy Pricing
Dropship Spy has only one Premium Plan, and unfortunately, no free trial.
Now that we’ve come to the end of our list of the best research tools for eCommerce, let’s sum it all up.
We’ve prepared a small table with an overview of all the tools we’ve written about so you can get a clearer picture.
Research tools are essential for eCommerce businesses to thrive in the digital age. With so many options available, choosing the best ones that suit your needs can be difficult.
Whether you are looking for a simpler product research tool or more specialized solutions, we hope our list of the best research tools for eCommerce has given you some ideas for improving your business.
However, regardless of which tool you choose and which products you find, the product images are the ones that are the most important when visitors come to your eCommerce store.
Of course,a product you sell should be of high quality.
But to attract visitors to your eCommerce store, you need scroll-stopping visuals.
And this is where Glorify comes to help.
Glorify is a graphic design tool created with eCommerce store owners and non-designers in mind.
Therefore, you can easily create converting images using Glorify’s pre-sized templates covering everything from social media blog posts, product images and mockups, and ads to book covers.
Additionally, you can filter them further depending on the niche and theme.
Furthermore, you can improve your brand identity with Glorify’s Brand Kit, template bundles and logo makers.
In addition, the whole platform is intuitive, so you can edit and tweak your visuals in a few minutes and clicks.
Sign up for free today so you can start creating visuals that will transform your eCommerce store and bring you one step closer to a higher ranking.