Facebook Feed Ads Size 2021
Many advertisers fight for a space on the user’s Facebook Feed that is a prime real estate for Facebook ads. This is available in both image and video formats that appear on mobile and desktop screens.
- The ideal Facebook ad image specs and dimensions for a feed ad are 1200 x 628 pixels with minimum width and height of 600 pixels and a ratio between 9:16 to 16:9. This can be cropped to 1.91:1 with a link available in both JPG and PNG format and an image with 20% text that can be increased without the failed delivery.
- The character limits for the text are 125 characters, the headline with 25 characters, and the link description with 30 characters.
- On the other hand, the recommended feed Facebook video ad video size and specs to upload is of the highest resolution with minimum dimensions 600 x 315 (1.9:1 landscape) or 600 x 600 (square) and a ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 (Horizontal: 16:9, Square: 1:1, Vertical: 4:5 or 2:3 and Full Portrait: 9:16).
- The recommended Facebook video ad formats are .MP4 and .MOV with max size 4GB and length 240 minutes.
- The character limits for a headline is 25 characters and a link description with 30 characters.
Facebook Carousel Ads Size 2021
Facebook carousel ads are a perfect way to showcase the brand using multiple images or videos where retailers show various colors, sizes, and details that convince users to shop. It is available in both video and image with six different ad types like the Facebook Feed, Facebook Right Column, Facebook Instant Articles, Facebook Marketplace, Facebook Audience Network Native, Facebook Banner and Interstitial, and Messenger Inbox.
- The recommended carousel Facebook ad image size and dimensions are 1080 x 1080 pixels with maximum width and height of 600 pixels/minimum 254 x 133 pixels for Messenger Home Carousel Ads. There is a minimum of 2 and a max of 10 cards per Carousel Ad with a ratio of 1:1 and max image size of 30MB with formats are JPG and PNG and 20% text.
- On the other hand, the recommended resolution for Carousel Facebook video ad size and specs is a minimum of 1080 x 1080 with 2 cards and a max of 10 cards per Carousel Ad with formats .MP4 and .MOV.
- The max video file size is 4GB with a video length of 240 minutes and thumbnails of 20% text.
- The character limit for text is 125 characters, a headline of 40 characters, and a link description of 20 characters.
Facebook Right Column Ad Image Size 2021
It is the sneaky right column photo ad that everyone knows about and works extremely well. However, it only appears on desktops with highest cost per click among all Facebook ad types.
- The recommended Facebook ad image size for right-column ads is 1200 x 628 pixels/min of 600 pixels with a ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 and can crop to 1.91:1 with a link. The image formats are available in JPG and PNG with 20% of the text.
- The text character limits to 125 characters, a headline with 25 characters, and a link description of 30 characters.
Facebook In-Stream Video Ad Image Size 2021
Facebook in-stream video ads may seem similar to regular feed ads but are, in fact, quite different in nature. Regular feed ads on Facebook last for about 5 to 15 seconds with an average rate of 90% and have a completion view rate of 70%. On the other hand, the Facebook in-stream video ads are quick and perfect for brands that try to catch the attention of users.
- Facebook in-stream video ads size and specs are recommended to be in high resolution with a ratio of 16:9 available in formats .MP4 and .MOV.
- The max video file size is 4GB with a length of 5 to 15 seconds including video sound, caption, and thumbnails 20% text.
Facebook Instant Articles Ads Size 2021
Are you looking to promote content across Facebook? Facebook Instant Article ads allow interactive quick-loading through the Facebook app. Advertisers place ads within the articles available in both image and video format.
- The recommended Facebook ad image size for instant articles is 1,200 x 1,200 pixels with a ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 available in formats JPG and PNG.
- The videos should be uploaded in high resolution with 20% text and a ratio between 9:16 to 16:9. They are available in formats .MP4 and .MOV with max video file size 4GB and length are 240 minutes and thumbnails at 20%.
- The character limits headline to 25 characters and link description with 30 characters.
Facebook Marketplace Ads Size 2021
Facebook marketplace ads work as a hub on the network helping transactions in the community. It is ideal for grabbing the attention of the users for a specific product or even a location available in both video and image.
- The recommended Facebook ad image size for marketplace ads is 1,200 x 1,200 pixels with an aspect ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 in formats JPG and PNG with images in 20% text.
- The recommended facebook ad video size and specs for such format is the highest resolution with an aspect ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 in video formats .MP4 and .MOV.
- The max video file size is 4GB in the length of 240 minutes and thumbnails with 20% text.
- The text character limits are 125 characters, headline with 25 characters, and link description up to 30 characters.
Audience Network Native, Banner, and Interstitial Facebook ads size 2021
Facebook Audience Network ads work on banners and interstitial ads. It helps publish the content that will appear on trusted publishers as Facebook’s Display Ads with both image and video options available:
- The accepted minimum resolution of a Facebook ad image for such formats is 398 x 208 pixels with an aspect ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 available in formats JPG and PNG and image with 20% text.
- The recommended size and specs for Facebook audience network video is in the highest resolution with an aspect ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 available in formats .MP4 and .MOV with a max size of 4GB and a minimum length of 10 seconds/maximum of 120 seconds.
- The character limits of texts are 125 characters, a headline of 25 characters, and a link description of 30 characters.
Sponsored Message Facebook Ads Size 2021
Sponsored Message ads help turn off other placements and guide you towards the target existing conversations.
- The recommended image to upload is of high resolution that is available in 1200 x 628 pixels and the ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 in formats JPG and PNG.
- The text character limits are 125 characters with a headline of 25 characters and a link description with 30 characters.
Facebook Messenger ads
While scrolling through Facebook Messenger Home you’d see sponsored ads available between the conversations. This format is available for images appearing on the Facebook Messenger app.
- It’s recommended to upload facebook messenger ads in the highest resolution with an aspect ratio between 9:16 to 16:9 available in formats JPG and PNG.
- The text character limits are 125 characters with 25 characters for the headline.
Facebook Collection Ads Size 2021
Facebook collection ad includes experience ads that are great in providing high visual browsing features. However, it’s only available on the Facebook Feeds that allows a cover photo or video to help showcase several products. As the users click on the full-screen version, they are sent to an Instant Experience brought to a scrollable mobile engagement.
- The collection ads use the first image or video for Instant Experience with a ratio of 1:1 that show products in different ways that include Instant Storefront, Instant Lookbook, and Instant Customer Acquisition.
- The text character limits are 90 characters with a headline of 25 characters.
It is important to upload content across social media platforms, here Facebook, to help increase engagement and portray professionalism. Following specific limits, ratios and sizes help content to be uploaded in the correct format. We hope that our exhaustive list of the best-recommended Facebook ad size and specs in 2021 helps answer your quest for the best picture size for Facebook ads. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Facebook Ad Sizes & Specs FAQs
1. What is the recommended Facebook ad image size in 2021?
The recommended Facebook ad image size 2021 is 1200 x 628 pixels.
2. How long should I run my Facebook ad?
Before deciding on the duration, it’s best to test at least 3-4 days to know how the ad is doing. Do not tweak the setting resetting the Facebook ad algorithm
3. Can you post too much on Facebook?
Posting once a day is optimal and a maximum of two posts.